Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Overcast
Support the Show. Get the NEW AudioBook!
AudioBook: Audible| Kobo| Authors Direct | Google Play | Apple
Hey everyone. I wanted to jump in quickly let you know about the release of the audio version of my book, The Entrepreneur Ethos, narrated by David A. Conatser. If you want to support the show, you can buy it wherever audiobooks are sold. Links are also in the show notes.
Now on to my guest for today, Roy Harmon, CEO of Raindance a marketing strategy company for startups. Roy also writes about things like SaaS marketing and how to build lead generation websites at Advertoscope.
Digital marketer Roy Harmon recounts how he went from law school to marketing by way of political campaigns. After running for office himself, he learned that he loved marketing and he’s since built a career helping companies plan and execute marketing campaigns. When COVID hit and work for his employer dried up, Roy struck out on his own, founding Advertoscope, a digital marketing campaign company.
According to Roy, finding you why – the inner motivations for doing what you do – can make the difference between success and failure, whether you’re a politician or entrepreneur. We also talk about the limits of metrics in marketing and the importance of simply establishing a baseline for public relations and marketing before looking at analytics. Since many of the businesses he works with are about solving problems, one of the first challenges of good marketing often starts with educating people about the problem and then offering solutions.
Now let’s get better together
Actions to Try or Advice to Take
- Ask: What’s my why? If you’re feeling stuck or unclear, this can be the anchor that brings you back. Even if you try and fail, knowing your why will give you perspective.
- Remember not everything can be measured. Some things need a strong foundation, and that might take more than just ticking boxes.
- What solutions are you offering? Be a problem-solver. When sharing your solution, be sure your audience clearly understands the problem.
- Be sure to talk about your successes as well as your challenges.
Links to Explore Further
- Roy Harmon on LinkedIn
- Draw A Box
- Some of Roy’s Old Cartoons
- Roy's Sales Funnel Template