Jarie is an engineer by training and an entrepreneur by nature with over 25 years of bringing innovative solutions to markets such as Bluetooth, USB, RFID, and Semiconductor DNA sequencing. He is currently a partner at JSY PR & Marketing, a full-service PR and Marketing Firm that helps startups, nonprofits, and professional athletes tell better stories.
Prior to JSY PR & Marketing, he was the co-founder and COO of Lab Sensor Solutions, a digital health company that is applying sensor technology to track the temperature and location of clinical samples to prevent spoilage.
Prior to founding Lab Sensor Solutions, Jarie was at Ion Torrent — a 3rd generation DNA sequencing company that was bought by Life Technologies for $750 Million dollars. Ion Torrent was the first company to productize semiconductor sequencing technology to achieve the $1,000 genome.
Before Ion Torrent, Jarie was founder and VP of R&D for Tagent — an innovative RFID company that created a breakthrough technology that integrated antennas on silicon to achieve small, compact form factors.
Prior to forming Tagent, Jarie was at Cypress Semiconductor where he was the technical project manager for WirelessUSB — a pioneering new wireless standard that made going wireless as simple as wired USB.
Along with his professional achievements, Jarie is active in his local community. While living in NOPA, he was a board member of the North Panhandle Neighborhood Association (NOPNA) where he served as Recording Secretary, Vice President, and President. During his board service, he was instrumental in the renaissance of Divisadero corridor, improving parks, keeping formula retail out, and improving safety.
Of particular note was Jarie’s leadership in making the Bay to Breakers foot race fun for everyone. That effort led to the establishment of the District 5 Neighborhood Action Committee (D5NAC) which continues to help make the race fun, clean, and safe for everyone, including residents. Jarie was also a volunteer and advisor for the Board of Supervisors President London Breed’s election campaign and was appointed by her to the Municipal Transportation Agency Citizens' Advisory Council in 2017 till 2019.
He holds an MBA in Technology Management from UOP and a BS in Electrical Engineering from San Jose State University. He is also an inventor or co-inventor on over 10 patents and has published six books — The Entrepreneur Ethos, Frustration Free Technical Management, #ENDURANCE tweet — A Little Nudge to Keep You Going, 7 PR secrets All Founders Should Know, 8 Startup Dilemmas All Founders Will Face, and Business Basics for Entrepreneurs.
You can listen to his thoughts on Entrepreneurship by listening to The Entrepreneur Ethos Podcast and follow him on Twitter @thedailymba.
Questions To Ask
- What are some of the most important lessons an entrepreneur can learn?
- What motivated you to write The Entrepreneur Ethos?
- Why did you start The Entrepreneur Ethos Podcast?
- What are some of your daily habits that lead to your success?
- Why is it important to write books?
Topics Jarie Can Talk About
- Writing Non-Fiction Books
- Being An Entrepreneur
- Raising Money from Investors
- Product/Founder/Message Market Fit
- Minimum Viable Product
- Grief & Loss of a Partner
- Entrepreneur Education for Underserved Communities
Podcast I Have Been On
- Uncaged with Bant Green: UNCAGED With Jarie Bolander
- Want Money Got Money with Sam Kamani: 41 - Learn PR Secrets with Jarie Bolander
- Find Your Side Hustle Podcast: 13 – How to sell and switch your brain off, if you are a Techie with Jarie Bolander
- Money on my Mind Podcast: Episode #3 Jarie Bolander
- The Mark Struczewski Podcast: Being an Entrepreneur During COVID-19
- IMPOSSIBLE: Podcast 9: Jarie Bolander
- Work. Passion. Fit.: Jarie Bolander & 8 Startup Dilemmas All Founders Will Face – Episode 85
- Future Tech Podcast: Jarie Bolander, COO-Lab Sensor Solutions-Tracking and Maintaining the Integrity of Medical Samples in Transit
- EntreEd: Episode 58- Jarie Bolander
- Voy Media: Storytelling With Jarie Bolander From The Daily MBA
- The Story Engine: Tell Me More: How to Craft a Powerful PR Narrative with Jarie Bolander
- Creative Penn: The Author Entrepreneur Ethos With Jarie Bolander
- 21st Century Creative: The Entrepreneur Ethos with Jarie Bolander
- Write About Now: Jarie Bolander on How to Be a Writer Entrepreneur
- Millionaire Interviews: Donated Blood? This B2B Company SOLVES the transit PROBLEM with Bad Blood. The Jarie Bolander Story
- The Top: Stress Free Way to Launch Startup In Red Tape Industries with Jarie Bolander of Lab Sensor Solutions
Places I Have Been Published or Interviewed
- Who We Are Now: Jarie ~ Entrepreneurs