Support the Show. Get the NEW AudioBook!
Hey everyone. I wanted to quickly let you know about the release of the audio version of my book, the Entrepreneur Ethos, narrated by David A. Conatser. If you want to support the show, you can buy it wherever audiobooks are sold. Links are also in the show notes. Now on to my guest for today.
Adam Kipnes collects information, data, and strategies so he can help businesses map out a process to success. He traces the beginning of his career as a business coach to the recession of 2008 when he and his wife started attending business seminars for professional and personal development. He soaked up all he learned and realized that he could use the information with the experiences he already had to help businesses improve their processes.
Adam embraces the term “coach,” explaining that he sees a good coach as one who gives someone real-time, authentic feedback and asks good questions as well as offers possible solutions. He relies on his network of successful entrepreneurs to help bolster the advice and plans he offers.
Adam is all about planning and process, challenging the entrepreneurs he works with to make goals into expectations and then to map out the action steps they’ll take to get there, anticipating both worst- and best-case scenarios. Adam practices what he preaches, as he employs coaches to help keep him accountable as well.
Now let’s get better together.
Actions to Try or Advice to Take
- One critical step Kipnes has business owners do is to acknowledge and be more transparent about how their business is doing, so they can figure out a way to get everyone on the same page.
- Don’t just set goals -- reset your expectations. We tend to achieve what we think we can.
- Make a plan with someone objective (like a coach). Write down every step of that plan, accounting for possible different scenarios. The goal should be what’s most likely.
Links to Explore Further
- Adam Kipnes’ Website (Go here for the book download he mentions)
- The Entrepreneur’s MBA Podcast
- Adam Kipnes on LinkedIn
- Adam Kipnes on Facebook