Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Overcast
Support the Show. Get the NEW AudioBook!
AudioBook: Audible| Kobo| Authors Direct | Google Play | Apple
Hey everyone. I wanted to jump in quickly let you know about the release of the audio version of my book, The Entrepreneur Ethos, narrated by David A. Conatser. If you want to support the show, you can buy it wherever audiobooks are sold. Links are also in the show notes.
Now on to my guest for today Phil Pelucha. Phil is the founder of Billionaires in Boxers, unique business services, and coaching company that helps entrepreneurs get their message out through podcasting and relationship-building.
Phil started out playing football – what we in the U.S. call soccer – but had to quit for medical reasons. After earning a degree in architecture and surveying, Phil went to South Africa. There he found his skills in real estate in high demand, and eventually became a head talent recruiter for the second-largest real estate company in Africa, traveling the world.
Phil eventually grew tired of life on the road and wanted to start a family, so he started his own company. The first challenge he faced was how to get clients on his own. Rather than going for the usual routes like cold calling and social media, Phil decided to draw on his experiences as a sports podcaster. He began inviting people he thought he might want to work with onto podcasts to talk about themselves and to learn more about their background and pain points. His love for having conversations eventually earned him a reputation as an expert and media and businesses started turning to him for expertise and advice. Phil is most in his element when he’s helping entrepreneurs share their knowledge and experience with the world so others can see what they’re all about.
Phil is a COVID survivor and he shared the struggles he faces everyday coping with the long-term effects of COVID as well as the hidden gifts it’s brought, with insights about working smarter, not harder; the benefits of working remotely; and finding community.
Now let’s get better together
Actions to Try or Advice to Take
- Whatever tools or strategies you use, the most successful businesses understand the value of building relationships. Assess your own strategies. Whether it’s speaking on a podcast, cold calling, or using social media, how are you building relationships?
- COVID has shown many entrepreneurs that they don’t need to limit themselves to their own area or region. Where are the potential clients who most need your business? They might be across town or across the world.
- Cut the clutter. Take a step back and look at what activities take your time that isn’t really important or doesn’t serve your bottom line. You’ll increase your earning power exponentially.
Links to Explore Further
- Billionaires in Boxers (BiB)
- BiB Podcast
- Remote Work Revolution- a Facebook group for software and IT professionals
- Phil Pelucha on LinkedIn
- Phil on Matchmaker.fm
- Marketing for Developers