Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Overcast
On this episode, I speak with Nathan Rose, entrepreneur and author. We dig into crowdfunding and how lots of people use it to fund their ideas. Nathan is a world traveler who now lives in the country of Georgia. His experience with the digital nomad lifestyle has given him some great insights on how to stay productive.
Nathan has lived and worked all over the world. This has made him appreciate being regular and orderly in his life, so that he may be violent and original in his work.
One of his productivity hacks is that he sets daily goals as well as using the desktop background to display these goals so that he always sees what he needs to work on. He also focuses on one thing at a time to get away from working on random things that might pop up like dirty dishes.
If you’re looking to crowdfund an idea, Nathan’s upcoming book, Rewards Crowdfunding, will shed some light on the process including what category of products do the best.
Rewards crowdfunding is a great example of what one has to do to be successful in any type of creative project -- be it a book, product, company, or even a nonprofit. We also discuss what he feels is the most beautiful type of art to create.
Now, let’s get better together.
Actions to Try or Advice to Take
- Use a tool like Calendly to schedule your meetings across time zones.
- You need to learn how to pitch yourself when you’re a digital nomad.
- It’s really hard to be a digital nomad for a long period of time. A lot of people find it as well.
- Having some stability in your life can allow you to achieve some of those higher-level goals.
- Rewards crowdfunding is a great way to figure out if your idea is what someone wants to buy. This allows creatives to not have to be a starving artist.
- Georgia does have a big startup scene. There is a rich pool of talented young people who speak English and are eager to build SaaS products.
Links to Explore Further
- Nathan's new book Rewards Crowdfunding
- Nathan Rose on LinkedIn and on Amazon
- Startup Funding Secrets
- The JOBS Act.
- Gustave Flaubert quote
- Startup Grind