Support the Show. Get the AudioBook!
Hey everyone. Stay tuned to the end of the interview where I’ll give you some actionable insights that I learned from my guest. These insights are also in the show notes. As always, thanks for listening.
Now on to my guest for today, John Li, cofounder of PickFu, an online tool for market research.
John and his cofounder met as college students and both got jobs in high tech, but they were always interested in starting their own business. Two businesses they started were Menuism, a place where restaurants can offer menus, and Wedding Lens, a place where participants and attendees of weddings could share pictures. In the course of starting these businesses, they developed PickFu on the side to help them with market research. The business grew out of a need to get better feedback about products and marketing. As they saw it grow, they decided to turn their attention to building it as their central business.
PickFu is built on existing consumer research panels to provide users with fast feedback on business collateral like websites, logos, and ads and products sold on ecommerce platforms. While they started out with providing ways for businesses and entrepreneurs to ask open-ended questions, PickFu has built a resource of templates and best practices businesses can use to create polls. Through the use of such feedback, businesses can gain valuable insight and validate ideas and strategies.
In this episode John and I talk about the importance of market research and consumer feedback when building a business and how PickFu can help entrepreneurs quickly and easily get the feedback they need.
Now, let’s get better together.
- Small things can make a difference. PickFu is good at helping you figure out decisions about seemingly minor things like website design and colors and logos.
- Use what's there. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, John is interested in finding ways to integrate already existing systems in place. They've used an existing framework and system, drawing on tools for consumer and political polling. They have built on top of these platforms to offer a fast, easy service.
- Always ask for open-ended feedback. Providing space for the people you are asking to give comments, other than simply answering a poll, can make a huge difference in the insight polling provides.
Links to Explore Further
- Sample polls
- Which product insert flyer would make you want to signup and give your email the most? | PickFu online consumer research
- This product is a premium anti-aging & skin beauty supplement. Which image do you most connect with and would convince you to purchase? Why? | PickFu online consumer research
- John Li on LinkedIn