Support the Show. Get the NEW AudioBook!
Hey everyone. I wanted to quickly jump in and let you know about the release of the audio version of my book, The Entrepreneur Ethos, narrated by David A. Conatser. If you want to support the show, you can buy it wherever audiobooks are sold. Links are also in the show notes.
Now on to my guest for today, Dustin Miller, polymath innovator.
I’m sure you’re wondering what a “polymath innovator” is. Dustin explains that it’s someone who becomes an expert and innovates in various areas. Dustin rejects the idea that you should focus on one skill or domain. With enough focus, time, and drive, we can learn and master skills in a number of areas. Dustin proves this by his “OmniContent” concept, where he produces content on a variety of platforms and in multiple ways — from writing blogs and producing videos, to mastering social media and producing podcasts — or what he prefers to call “polycasts.”
Dustin has always been one to create on his own terms. While he clearly loves to learn, he’s always preferred finding his own path for learning and educating himself. And it’s worked. He’s taught himself how to use a plethora of tech tools. We talk about which tools he likes and why, the ones he wants to try, the one tool he hopes to develop some day, and what he’s doing to stay consistent.
Now, let’s get better together.
Actions to Try or Advice to Take
Dustin Miller offers a lot of tips for anyone wanting to produce content on various channels. Here are just a few:
- Repurpose and repackage content. Miller explains how he is able to start out with one blog post and reuse and repurpose it many times by using text, video, and audio so he gets himself on many different platforms, putting his content in front of more people. This saves considerable time from having to constantly create new content.
- You can eventually learn it all — just not all at once. Learn enough so you can use a tool — or decide not to — and then decide what tasks you can farm out to others so you can move on to learn something new or focus on the bigger picture.
- Take a break. Miller finds breaks are essential to keeping him focused and productive.
Links to Explore Further
- Dustin Miller’s Website: https://polyinnovator.space/
- The Polycast
- TeleInnovator, Miller’s YouTube channel
- Dustin Miller on Matchmaker.fm