Support the Show. Get the NEW AudioBook!
Hey everyone. I wanted to jump in quickly let you know about the release of the audio version of my book, The Entrepreneur Ethos, narrated by David A. Conatser. If you want to support the show, you can buy it wherever audiobooks are sold. Links are also in the show notes.
Now on to my guest for today, Aman Agarwal.
The world took notice of Aman Agarwal when he started publishing blog posts explaining technology to “non-techies.” People liked the way he easily broke down complex topics into understandable forms. He’s an engineer who now teaches tech to executives through his company, Sanpram, to help them better understand what’s going on in their own companies and to encourage them to find ways to better manage and scale their businesses.
Aman’s explanation of how he breaks down and teaches his content illustrates the effectiveness of his approach. From starting out at a bird’s-eye overview to building up knowledge using the “I plus one” approach, Aman’s process can be useful for anyone looking to understand or teach a complex system. And the process is key for Aman; he’s come to see that ultimately, if you don’t enjoy the process, then what’s the point?
Now, let’s get better together.
Actions to Try or Advice to Take
- Whether you’re teaching or learning a complex topic, try using Agarwal’s “I plus one” approach. Start where you’re comfortable, and then start layering new ideas one at a time.
- Start approaching your business or projects from the point of view of getting all you can out of the process. Instead of focusing on the end goal, you hope to achieve, focus on being consistent about taking all the steps you need to take daily. If you’re not enjoying the process, you might want to rethink what you’re doing.
- If you’re struggling to explain how something works, try breaking it down and putting it into terms a layperson will understand. (Agarwal uses “grandmother” and also tries to target an eighth-grade level) In doing so, you’ll not only become clearer yourself, you’ll be able to more effectively communicate it to others.
Links to Explore Further
- Aman Agarwal’s Blog on Medium
- Aman Agarwal’s Website
- Aman Agarwal on LinkedIn
- Sanpram Transnational (company website)
- Aman Agarwal on MatchMaker.fm